NSCFA Conference Travel Awards
There are 50+ NSCFA education/travel awards open to Australian PhD/Honours Student and Early Career Researchers (<6 years) and 3 travel awards for international abstract submitters
Education/Travel Awards will cover:
b) conference dinner ticket
c) travel to the conference venue (including bus transfers)
Applicants will not have to pay the registration and conference dinner when they submit their abstract, but may have to pay later if they are not selected for an Education/Travel Award.
All applicants will need to submit a short paragraph/bio and photo along with their abstract as part of the online submission.
When applying for these awards please note:
- you must register and submit your abstract before Friday 28th August
- travel costs will be reimbursed post conference by electronic means
To be eligible, students and honour students need to be members of ASSCR – a major benefit of society memberships! You can join any time. You will also need to obtain a signed statement from your supervisor outlining your student status.
You are also requested to submit a short paragraph/bio and photo along with your abstract as part of the online submission.
• Providing details of your institution and where you are from
• PhD/Honours Student status
• Title of your Abstract, the authors and your role in the study
• intended travel costs
• describing how this award will benefit you
To be eligible, you must submit your abstract and application paragraph by 28th August, whether you are requesting a poster or oral as these abstracts will be peer reviewed.
You will be informed on whether you will receive a NSCFA Conference Travel Award at the time of abstract acceptance notification and if successful your travels costs will be reimbursed post conference.
How to apply:
To apply for the NSCFA award, please log into your online profile where you registered for the conference. When you submit your abstract and registration, you will be asked to provide a bio and photo. You will also be asked to provide the short paragraph.
Best Oral and Poster Presentation Awards
There will also be awards for the best oral and poster presentations for ECR and for PhD students. Ie 4 awards will be made. These will be determined by a team of oral and poster presentation judges and will be announced in the final session of the conference. If you wish to be considered for these awards, please tick the appropriate box during the registration process.
- To be eligible for an award, you must be a financial member of the ASSCR.
- To become a member, please click "Become an Member" on the right hand side menu.
- If you are unsure whether you are a financial member of ASSCR, please contact Heather Prowd